The Dance That Almost Did Not Happen, part 2

The story starts here.

Unfortunately the Dance Under the Stars was a colour combo that did not agree with me or him at all. I contacted the vendor once again who apologised that they were out of stock with all the kits, returned my money, and told me to keep the kit I got as a gift. I decided to make it into a “practice blanket”, and make another one in a different colour scheme later.

I now had the yarn. But, I realised I will be needing different-sized hooks. My collection of crochet hooks is very eclectic: there are plastic ones that were part of a kit I got when I was in pre-school. There are metallic ones that were probably used by my grandmas. There are a couple of bamboo ones, that I have bought to use on board of airplanes. Basically, a proper mess. πŸ™‚

I decided to treat myself to a set of good quality hooks, and picked out 7 Clover Amour needles from the website of a small vendor. She is a great crafter herself, and I am all for supporting small businesses. But somehow we ended up in the same limbo as with the yarn: messages disappearing into a black hole, the order arriving late, and some of the hooks even later.

The Rainbow of Clover Hooks
My adorable new Clover hooks! The whole mess was totally worth it!
ance Under the Stars swatch
The swatch in its unblocked glory.

But now I have the yarn, I have the hooks, and 10 weeks of catching up to do.

At least the swatch was quick and easy. πŸ˜‰

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s